Sono Motors Sion | Fully Charged
When we heard Sono Motors was going to be in the Netherlands, we jumped at the chance of seeing this German company and their groundbreaking solar panel covered Sion.
And Jonny got a test drive.
The video was shot last summer. A lot has happened since then. Here is an update:
- The motor will be FWD and supplied by Continental
- The connectivity module will be supplied by BOSCH, which enables carSharing and rideSharing
- The battery (35 kWh, liquid cooled) will be produced in Germany by ElringKlinger
- The Sion has a range of 250 km (255 km WLTP/ 320 km NEDC)
- We use highly efficient, monocrystalline silicon cells for the solar modules. A total of 330 cells can generate a maximum power of 1,204 watts with 24 percent efficiency. This results in up to 30 km additional range through the sun. Perfect for commuters!
- The price of the Sion is 16.000€ without battery. Battery included 25.500€. Battery rental or leasing possible.
- The prototype from the video shows the development status of about 2 years ago. Check our website to see the current status + facts: sonomotors.com/sion.html/
More info: sonomotors.com/
If you'd like to help us to keep making episodes, please support the show on Patreon: www.patreon.com/FullyChargedShow